AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help with problem neighbors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/5/2022 08:51 (#9734668 - in reply to #9734636)
Subject: RE: Help with problem neighbors

Nw Iowa
Acreage owners generally don’t value the bare land. Have had a number of neighbors who have dealt with acreage owners that want to buy a acre or more to put up a building or get alittle more pasture. When owner of land wants farmland price or more because of hassle to survey, do a closing etc, usually acreage owner thinks he is a hog because the farmer “ has so much, what would it hurt him to sell a acre”. People are generally only concerned about their world. I bought a rougher farm that had a lot of pasture and some creeks and a rundown acreage that house was beyond hope and barn was leaning. After I bought it a neighborhood younger guy drove up and said he wanted to buy the building site off. I said that if I sold the building site off, how would I get to the pasture ( 50 acres) and farm another small piece. He drove off mad saying that he never had a chance and that I bought it from underneath him. After he left I thought I am glad I don’t have to farm around him as it would probably be impossible to keep him happy. Most times we have sold off acreages, some where along the line there gets to be a issue. Biggest issue is you are generally not dealing with people that you originally sold to. Had a friend ( now passed) that would not buy a farm unless he owned the acreage. He said pay now or pay later.

Edited by jdironman 7/5/2022 22:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)