AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 capabilities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lukerduke
Posted 12/5/2006 08:56 (#69549 - in reply to #69483)
Subject: RE: GS2 capabilities

MN
The GS2 display is compatible with Gen II Controllers only for documentation. And the controller must have version 1.01L software. The production date of planters compatible started in June 2005. SN# 700101 and greater with CCS SN# 705100 and greater without CCS. It is possible to update a Gen I seedstar planter to Gen II but it does come with some cost and not all planters can be upgraded. For this you need to contact your Deere dealer with your serial number to see exactly what you have and what can be done. Planters with Gen I started with SN# 690101 - 700999. These are not compatible with the GS2 for documentation or prescriptions. If you plan on using a GS2 display with a Gen I controlled planter for guidance only, you need to have an original display hooked up as well to display the planter information. Also before doing so you need to see what version of software is on your Gen I controller, it has to be version 6 or greater. Controller damage can occur if you hook a GS2 display to a Gen I controller by itself. Hope this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)