AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 capabilities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

collegeboy
Posted 12/4/2006 21:50 (#69342 - in reply to #69300)
Subject: RE: GS2 capabilities (edited, see photo)

Slicker than a Yes album.
We have one and went through the pains of software updates. At planting they assured us the variety locator would work, 2 days before we started the software was updated to allow that. That did a good job, the varieties switched by them selves as we picked corn. We did a lot of split variety (Bt non-Bt, etc) and it logged all that. We do spray herbicide and insecticide at planting, but it wouldn't log that (take info from the Raven or log tank mixes) but I understand that was fixed with the mid summer update. (The planter logging functions took precedence, so it was either one or the other) The aerial photos were a pain, but that is fixed as well. We're not sure if we'll do more research for Deere next spring with the integrated spray controller. That may be a job for someone else. It would be nice to reduce clutter. It'd be nice to use that for spraying as well.

Editor's note. To clarify, we do have an '06 planter with SeedStar II. As you can see in the bottom photo, we had to run our old screen to get to all the planter info. Otherwise, all the documentation was on the GS2 screen. I would hope in the future, all that can run off the new screen so we don't need 4(!) things in the cab to plant. I thought about trying a prescription with different populations, but since I don't get to plant, that idea didn't pan out. (I'm not the guy in the photo, that's the boss. He runs the planter)

Edited by collegeboy 12/5/2006 09:49

(IMG_0541.jpg)

(IMG_0196.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0541.jpg (38KB - 260 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0196.jpg (45KB - 254 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)