AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record crop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/4/2022 22:41 (#9734330 - in reply to #9733593)
Subject: RE: Record crop?

I'm in WCIN, when I post sprayed our corn I thought we had the potential for one of the best crops I've had in my 51 yrs of farming. Heat along with no significant rain in a month has taken it its toll. Corn is very uneven in height, wet fall & probably working ground on the wet side this spring isn't helping. Have beans on some lighter soil planted early April that aren't much over a foot tall, if that. Saw a little firing of corn in good black soils today. Corn is just starting to tassel. We did catch an unexpected .25" of rain this evening in a pop up t-storm and rains predicted for the rest of the week though we've had a lot of predicted rains that split & went around us. Still have a chance for a good crop, especially on our better fields where too much rain is usually more of a problem than not enough, though I don't think it will be a record crop.. Still to early to make the call, a couple rains, or missed rains, at a critical time will tell the difference.

What route rid your sister take going north? Soil types really vary from south to north.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)