AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Earth to Fox News.. If the coming famine is so.. then why has wheat fallen over $5?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/1/2022 23:24 (#9730172 - in reply to #9730114)
Subject: 22” snow storm in January produces bumper crop around Scott City

tmrand - 7/1/2022 22:14

Been kind of wondering that myself. Not that I have any to sell..............but I might have some next year I'd like to be incentivized to plant.

But more to your point.................once the media picks up a narrative..............they have a hard time leaving it. And never confess to the embarrassment their lack of research would conclude is obvious.

This kind of mis-reporting is what feeds the food vs fuel rhetoric.

The truth is too complex for the public to understand?

”You can’t handle the truth.”

I’ll admit that current affairs have the worlds resources strained.. but that’s always the case.. are we not one flood.. or one drought away from calamity always?

New Orleans floods, San Francisco is hit by an earthquake, Florida is over ran by a Hurricane.. these things happen.. but life goes on.. then.. except for those who lived there.. the general masses forget about them and move on.

On US custom harvesters today.. it was reported that a snow storm in January.. which I remember seeing.. dumped as much as 22” of heavy wet snow around Scott City Ks.. and the dryland wheat yields were amazingly good.  In fact as harvest has progressed.. generally yields have improved.. enough?  

I do imagine that this downdraft is somewhat fueled by spec money hitting the exits… lol.. wasn’t Hannity pitching his viewers about a short wheat crop the other day?

perfect timing..

anywho.. after the fourth.. current weather forecast are for a rebuilding of heat here in the plains.. by then the focus will be on the I states conditions which may.. or may not be impacted.

it does appear that Fox News is lining up with Big Oil’s talking points for the next election..

pretty disappointing.

For some of us.. the drought is real.. the yields are reduced.. but others are harvesting bumper crops.

For some.. even EV cars make sense.  Even Fox watching Republicans… but that doesn’t fit the narrative..

does it? 

Edited by JonSCKs 7/1/2022 23:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)