AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leg cramps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

central va farmer
Posted 6/30/2022 22:34 (#9728714 - in reply to #9728560)
Subject: RE: CB says.........

Virginia
I'm a big man, been that way all my life. I got real sick in 2019 from kidney stones. Didn't start feeling good till late summer of 2020. Due to inactivity, and medicine I was on i got up to 397 pounds. Im 6'6 and large framed. Even at 397 I carried it real well. Anyway my vision changed in early January of 2021.
Went to doctor and blood sugar was nearly 400. They put me on met formin and told me to eat different. So I have completely changed my diet. All fresh food, only processed food is jerky. I try to eat 150 carbs per day or less. But here is the kicker, I dont count fruits and vegetables they are free. I usually eat 2-3 bananas a day. Ive lost nearly 80 pounds the last 15 months or so by eating this way. I think you can take the low carb diet to the extreme. Im proof you can eat veggies and fruit and lose weight. My doctor even agrees with me that sugar from fruit and vegetables isn't the same as candy/processed food. The fiber in it slows down the sugar spike. I think the same applies to the carbs. I eat 2500-3000 calories a day, huge amount of red meat beef/venison mainly venison lol alot of vegetables and fruit. No sweets, only bread is a sandwich at lunch. Only processed food is a small bag of chips. I eat alot of pecans and peanuts. But I count no calories from vegetables or fruit. Only vegetables I count is rice and potatoes. Anyway sugar is fine, no more met Forman im officially off it, and my sugar is always around 100 and a1c is 5.3 at last check up a month ago.
So go on and eat a banana it won't kill you, im proof of that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)