AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Connecting Envisio+ to Raven 450, the story continues.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 6/30/2022 18:12 (#9728332 - in reply to #9728096)
Subject: RE: Connecting Envisio+ to Raven 450, the story continues.

Sanilac Co. Michigan
tedbear - 6/30/2022 14:58

Yes, the Orange/white wire is connected to the output side of the Raven Master Switch. That means it can be used as a signal to another device to inform the other device that the 450 Master switch is ON (your situation) OR the Master switchon the 450 can be left OFF and another external switch or device can turn the Raven 450 ON to spray.

This second method is often used when it is more convenient to use an external switch rather than the built in Master. Some folks prefer a foot switch, some prefer a switch on a hydraulic lever etc. In these situations, the pure orange wire is often used as the 12V source since it is 12V whenever the 450 Power switch is ON. The "new" remote switch then goes between the pure orange and the orange/white wires.

In your case connecting the orange/white to the black wire on the Enviso can inform it that application is taking place so it will paint. Note that this would be "all or nothing" and partial passes where some sections are ON and others are OFF would not be painted 100% correctly. Even so this can be very helpful. It may be necessary to change some settings in the Enviso to inform it to "watch" the black wire.

So ok, I've connected the black boom sense e+ to the orange/white 450 wire. Lo and behold it paints! Now, the thing is the orange/white wire on mine goes to the actual on/off/power switch, not the master. So, as long as there's power to the console it paints.

I have no idea what wire goes to the master, though I do have a foot switch master that turns the booms on/off. Matter of fact, though I can turn on/off individual section, it appears the actual master on the console is dead and has been replaced with a foot switch on the floor, like an old car dimmer switch.

Do you suppose I could tie into that switch instead, instead of the actual power switch? That way it would only paint while the booms are turned on. Regardless, I'm happy to know where I've been!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)