AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro700 Side By Side AB Lines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2022 08:22 (#9727623 - in reply to #9725247)
Subject: RE: Pro700 Side By Side AB Lines?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ARCTIC - 6/28/2022 15:19

The easiest way to do it is to take your tractor out after the crops are harvested and then make the lines with a 60' implement and an offset to make the tractor think the implement is off to the one side. I did all of mine with a MX305 with duals and I drive with the left side next to the fenceline and set a +320" offset.

The math is 360" offset less half the width of the tractor. If My tires miss the post or fence, then the end of the planter will also.

That is basically what I did. I used the planting tractor without an implement. I measured the distance from the center of the tractor to the outer edge of the left front dual. I went into the setup and told the system the GPS was offset that distance. If the edge or property line was nice and straight I would just use a simple AB line. I would position the tractor so the outer edge of the left front tire was just off the desired line. I would then set the "A" point. I would then drive to the far end and repeat the process for the "B" point. The AB line was saved with a descriptive name and repeated for the other sides. These AB lines were considered the base lines for the future. After repeating this process for all my fields, I reset the GPS offset back to zero since my GPS is in the center of that tractor.

These sets of AB lines are then the basis for the future. I can bring them up in any vehicle and shift the AB line half the width of the implement for that day. I can then use auto steer for the headland and initial passes around a field.

I used to do what you suggest and temporarily move my equipment to my Ranger. I found it was easier just to use the tractor as I didn't need to move the equipment and I had somewhat better visibility and stability with the tractor. I have neighbors who use Ag Leader lines also and have shared my lines with them. Since the AB line I give them (at least on the side where they join mine) are the property or edge line so they just shift the AB line they got from me half the width of their implement and it works out nicely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)