AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Impliment switch to PF Advantage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/16/2006 09:08 (#5609 - in reply to #5549)
Subject: RE: Implement switch to PF Advantage

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, using the combine wiring harness and putting the switch between the A&B pin will do the trick. This should work fine on the planter. Most people don't want to mess with moving the combine harness in and out of the combine.

It is even possible to feed an independent outside source of 12V back to one of the pins (I believe it's pin B). This is a bit dangerous however, since a current limiting resitor needs to be in series with the outside source. This current limiting resistor needs to be rather large to prevent too much current from entering the port.

We had a customer who hooked up a 12V source back to the Ag Leader without the current limiting resistor and did major damage to the console. This is why I always try to use a switch or relay between the A&B pins since these pins were designed to work together.

If it is desired that this action be based on the status of another circuit (spray valve on/off) where electricity is involved, I always use a relay where the outside circuit (spray valve for example) trips the relay. The outputs of the relay go to the A&B pins of the harness. In this way the circuits are separate and there is no potential for damage to the Ag Leader.

I don't know if the current issue is a concern with the App Rate module and an Insight. Again using a relay or switch between the proper pins is a safe approach.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)