AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to charge for baling hay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 6/26/2022 09:28 (#9721748 - in reply to #9721620)
Subject: RE: What to charge for baling hay?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Nebraska, I didn't want to post on your thread. However I'm posting more for me. It really hit me wrong you called his baler a POS. We have all had that type of equipment or truck if you are running your own show. I agree it might need to go to the scrap pile, however it sounds like the man might be in need of a good friend. Maybe you are good friends, maybe not.

I still remember the day when a good neighbor just pulled into my feild and started baling. I didn't ask, he knew I was behind and problems. He got me caught up. He was the guy that if he drove by your fence and it was broke, and cattle was there he fixed it for you.

I strive to be more like him everyday, he never sets foot in a church, in fact never seen him to many visitations, or weddings. But the point is he had your back 100%. Lucky to day to be able see him being drove around by his wife in side by side because of his health.

I will tell you I was more than pissed off yesterday at two neighbors over some crap they did. I wasn't in a good mood when I came home. However I chose not to let it eat me up. They had cut some fence of mine and my adjacent neighbor. Just to benefit trailing their cattle. I called the adjacent neighbor and told him what had happened. We both just shook our heads.

However if the fence cutting guy was in a bind, I would still step up to help him. I'm trying fix my faults, I can't fix his. My biggest fault is I don't go to church, however I do try to help in community when needed. If that means spending my money to bale a guys crop or combine I will pay that before writing a check to church.

I'm in the Garvo camp, I would be helping kid fix baler, even if it meant buying parts. Mentoring this guy's son would have a lasting impression on the kid. Its called paying it forward. Sit down with son and explain this to kid. He could help someone else in time of need.

I'll get off my soap box now, however my post is more for me than you. Because I need to fix myself more than I need to fix my fence cutting neighbor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)