AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 750, Remote Engage, Implement Switch, & Camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/25/2022 08:46 (#9720264 - in reply to #9719874)
Subject: RE: Trimble 750, Remote Engage, Implement Switch, & Camera

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have done most of what you ask but that was some years ago. I got rid of the 750 and don't remember running across my cable recently. The following is from my hand written notes.

I had a 750 with a Nav II for hydraulic steering. To engage the steering required a momentary switch on the cable leading to the Nav II. Your guess about EZ-Pilot is likely correct. The switch would need to be a momentary also.

My Nav II was plugged into Port B of my 750. I often used a Raven 450 in the tractor for application and it got its speed from the 750 as well as controlling the coverage map. I made a harness that went to Port A with the following pins.

Pin 10 is ground and may need to be split for different situations that require ground.

Simulated Radar speed out: Pin 2 is signal and use Pin 10 for ground. I needed to set the 750 for digital or radar out and a rate of 57Hz.

Implement switch coverage map: Pin 11 which is signal and Pin 10. Note :Pin 11 and Pin 10 can be connected via a switch but I wanted the map to go ON/OFF with the Raven so I used a 12V common relay. Connect the relay coil terminals to the Raven Orange/white (or center section) and the Raven white. Connect the relay output terminals - Common and N.O. to Pin 10 & Pin 11 of Port A. The 750 needed to be set to SWITCH. This meant that when the Raven was applying, the relay was active and connected Pin 11 to ground, The 750 then made a coverage map. Do not connect 12V from the Raven back into Port A as damage may result. Using a relay keeps the two systems separate in that respect

I did use a video camera. As I recall the Trimble chart was not correct for my situation. My notes are sketchy concerning the camera (it did work). I have listed that Pins 7,8 9 were used for the video. My notes are inconsistent with your guess on the video. My notes would seem to suggest using Pin 7 for the video from the camera to the 750 with Pin 8 being ground and Pin 9 being 12V power for the camera. My camera uses 4 wires while some cameras use 5. One wire is audio which isn't needed. Seems like I used a damaged video cable and connected power & ground and did a little experimentation to get it to work. This was many years ago. I only attempted to use one camera. I don't recall if the 750 supports more than one camera.

Edited by tedbear 6/25/2022 08:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)