AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Latest Cold storage report
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Q500
Posted 6/24/2022 02:56 (#9718586 - in reply to #9718512)
Subject: RE: Latest Cold storage report

western colorado

ozzymydog - 6/23/2022 23:02 Interesting charts. And nobody will starve here because of supply Wouldn't that info need to be compared to consumption? A record high of any thing wouldn't mean alot if demand or consumption is higher than on hand product. With covid shut downs and a change in eating habits like going out verses at home cooking, would that matter in a food staples number of being record high but still be short on inventory? Kinda like cleaning products during covid? Or gas in peak driving season. Eggs sticks out because egg whites only had low supply but yet eggs where not overly abundant in that 22 time frame. Was demand just that strong for eggs that it out sold the inventory. It says we had plenty in the report but a shortage was seen at the check out and it has a shelf life so where were the eggs?
Pretty sure that's on the delivery end of things.  Correct me if I'm wrong?  I deal with lots of freight and that is the biggest problem going forward.  If you can cut freight cost things are pretty rosy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)