AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spray tips to use when "breezy"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 6/27/2022 13:03 (#9723696 - in reply to #9723596)
Subject: RE: spray tips to use when "breezy"

Yeah, LTK you get it though. I know that through talking with you and your experience.

With the coarser spray and higher wind, there would be more 'real-life' situations happening as well. More droplet sheer through the wind, more action.
There'd be means to have sprayer experience make a HUGE difference as well in those kind of circumstances as well. Cutting different angles, playing the wind to your favor and other things can help.

I've just worked with some COOPs that aim to use the coarsest nozzle in the world just so that they can spray in whichever conditions.

They are the type that aren't putting applicator experience to do a proper job, but moreso just looking to check the "Did you spray X gallons/acre on that field?" being the only measure of success with a customer.
You put a lot of thought and care into how you deal with your custom customers, and I know you will straight up tell them when you will not spray and why when it isn't safe/proper to do so.

I try to make sure to make sure guys challenge their thoughts and definitely develop into a solid applicator that cares about how they spray, but usually I'll usually go for more of the 'consistent 80% kill in 100% of the fields' than the '100% kill in 50% of the fields' that might happen if an applicator's experience with adverse conditions aren't up to snuff.

You are right I am probably a bit more restrictive in the rules of thumb that I'd probably promote, but usually I overwhelm guys enough once you start talking with them that having a bit of a 'firmer' rule of thumb is probably appreciated.

Easiest reference to what you are talking about is that there are still new spraying studies that change it up with the same technology, but are still able to get significant improvements in efficacy or droplet deposition. In many of those cases, there was probably a handful of farmers doing exactly what the study references like 10-15 years prior. haha
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)