AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

spray tips to use when "breezy"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 6/23/2022 22:11 (#9718461 - in reply to #9718070)
Subject: RE: spray tips to use when "breezy"

Northern Alberta
IMO, one of the best nozzles for drift resistance is the air induction turbo tee. However, there is more to spraying in wind than nozzle choice. No nozzle will will help if you run your booms 5' in the air and run at 80PSI. I personally would NEVER run a flat fan for anything. If you are spraying a field that is rolly/hilly with susceptible crops down wind, NO nozzle can be sprayed in 20MPH safely IMO. If the field is flat and there is no susceptible crops down wind, AITT's will allow you to spray in more than 20MPH winds with good coverage and no misses IF you keep your booms low and pressures <40PSI. Reducing your water volume to 5GPA will help as well as long as you have the proper nozzle size for that. More water, more drift. More wind, better coverage so more water is not needed. Up to 20MPH CAN be safely sprayed on a flat field with AITT's with susceptible crop down wind with zero buffer but it is tricky and is not really recommended. I have done it many times but it is stressful and I don't like it. It is risky. There is one nozzle type that is even better than the AITT but I don't recall what it is called.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)