AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happened to the food shortages
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ozzymydog
Posted 6/23/2022 20:22 (#9718299 - in reply to #9718128)
Subject: RE: What happened to the food shortages

I think your wrong according to the canning factories in mn. Said they had sold out of veggies this spring. Maybe certain veggies are stacked to the ceilng. Peas , sweat corn, and green beans I don't think are. Demand was way above expectations. Local company built new process facility and is growing peas and sweat corn in Florida planted in February to be shipped back to run thru new plant and earlier product available. That run has already happened What would shipping be on corn to ship that distance vs a 40 mile haul? Also they where needing acres bad here. Had a call yesterday to see if I had any acres available for sweat corn after hay cutting or peas.labor packaging story? Nobody can find enough help in any buissness? Vinyl siding from Menards standard color 12 weeks.windows from Marvin's 12 Weeks. Garage doors ordered in September last yr took 6 months.tracks for 45 cat tractor, unavailable. Grill and bumper cover for 2018 Lincoln mkx. Unavailable. Had to buy a hole wrecked in the ass end car. Must be a local thing I guess

Edited by ozzymydog 6/23/2022 20:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)