AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$9 corn-any plans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sheep Farmer
Posted 6/12/2022 21:25 (#9702487 - in reply to #9702260)
Subject: RE: $9 corn-any plans

Northwest Iowa
Not sure where your located or what type of sheep your selling but last week at Sioux Falls regional it was around $2.00 for fats. That price is far from a consistent price for a whole marketing year average pre pandemic, because seemed like in late may their was always a run up to that but most of us didn’t have anything to sell yet. We are at 2nd highest year on record for prices right now so anybody that says lamb deal is in the tank is lying to themselves. Now we have shrinking demand, a ton of big lambs on feed, extremely high feed costs, and a ton of lambs being fed that were bought quite expensive at this point with break evens not so fun. Their isn’t much positive but people in the lamb world need to take a step back and really see where we were last year. I hate prices going down also but just like corn it might be a good thing long term. Don’t mean to jump down your throat but got some friends that are really pissing and moaning the last 2 weeks about it and I try to bring them to reality. I will say though I still believe a lot of opportunity in sheep for young people in my opinion. Things that nobody wants to do usually pay the best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)