AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fat: A Documentary 2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 6/9/2022 20:24 (#9698365 - in reply to #9698080)
Subject: RE: that was a good article

Kettle Moraine, WI
John Burns - 6/9/2022 16:07

Me being a type II diabetic a ketogenic diet is what I use successfully to control my blood sugar levels. If you don't put it in your mouth, it can't show up as glucose in the blood. Type II diabetics would do well to learn that fact (with type I being a whole different animal, yet still able to take much less quantity in their mandatory insulin shots on a low carb diet).

John, only asking for what you shared on NAT and in no way am I asking anything you haven't shared so take this very lightly. "If you walked into a doctor's office, met with a doctor you never met, the doctor was given zero of your health history, and only had you in front of them to answer the question, "would a doctor diagnose you today on your keto diet as diabetic?" You have shared dropping medications and stabilization of blood glucose so I guess the answer leans towards "undetected." And in your description above you share the level of carbs that would raise blood sugar. Understandably, this imaginary doctor could load you with carbs and your tests levels would raise indicators and answer my question. As I understand diabetes is diagnosed based on fasting blood glucose level over a certain level over x number of tests. So really asking is can it truly be reversed or undiagnosable or just 'kept in check'?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)