AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going to need a Router
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

hydro70guy
Posted 5/28/2022 08:24 (#9679628)
Subject: Going to need a Router

Swaledale, IA
Will be getting fiber installed to our place by July or August. I have had LTD Broadband in the past and they supplied router. With new service we need to find our own router for the house. It is a 2 story ranch approximately 2800 sq.ft. Have one kid that is into gaming fairly heavily at times, has his own gaming computer. 2 others in house with high usage of videos and TV. I use mostly for surfing and streaming. Am wondering what to look for in a router to cover whole house is it a lot better to hard wire in the computers and Smart TV's? Also is one of these netgear mesh systems with multiple satellites a good system or is house size small enough to use one like an ASUS AX6000 dual band and hard wire in the computers a solid choice. I really do not know what I should be looking at cost is important but not as much as setting up a good reliable simple to use system. The fiber company guy said they also offer a netgear router for sale($150) that is OK but he said most shop around for something better unless just surfing internet and streaming more than one device. We also have multiple other small appliances connected.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)