AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Distorted taste and Smell after C19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ASinglet09
Posted 5/25/2022 19:33 (#9675611 - in reply to #9673732)
Subject: RE: Distorted taste and Smell after C19

Central Iowa
Mr Pibb or Dr Pepper are the only Soft drinks I can taste anymore. I loved coke and Mountain Dew, Those both taste very bad now. Sour cream has only started tasting bad as of a few weeks ago. Chicken is unbearable, and steak I'm afraid is getting there. My wife is a God Send and is doing everything she can to get creative with coming up with new things to cook, but options are getting slip. I've stared forcing myself to just eat and don't even think about how it tastes, but she can tell when I can't taste it, and it is happening more often than not.

While I'd love to actually be able to enjoy smell and tastes again, it worries me the most that I will eat something rotten or rancid, not knowing it tastes bad, or not be able to smell smoke or a gas leak, etc.

It is weird how it happened 3 months after having it, and the 3 months between having it and my senses being distorted my smell and taste were fine. And the unsettling part is the lack of knowledge on the subject. Will it last a few months, a year, a couple years, a decade, the rest of my life? Time will only tell I guess.

Hope things get better for you too!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)