AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide on Wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 5/21/2022 16:59 (#9669626 - in reply to #9668845)
Subject: RE: Fungicide on Wheat

Sanilac Co. Michigan
Fetv - 5/21/2022 07:11

Does it pay? Examples? Also what determines whether you apply it or not? I mean are there some circumstances you apply and some you don’t? Have never applied it before. My wheat looks marginal with too much rain and more in forecast. It’s heading now.

Kinda depends. I look at two fungicide applications, one for leaf diseases and the other for head scab. What's good for one probably won't work for the other, particularly head scab fungicides.

So this is soft white or red country, so quality is always an issue to overcome. That said, I grow white wheat and I'd have to have rocks in my head for brains not to treat for scab. EVERY YEAR.

Most years something like Stratego or even propriconazole is kinda optional. This year, given the crop price and looking at my ever so faulty weather 'crystal ball" I opted for Stratego at 5oz with my Pallisade application, a little over half of the full rate. Kinda hedged my bet that way, with the option of applying more if there's some kind of outbreak. Could be a waste, or could make money, we'll see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)