AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If the rain is a bust this week it’s going to be big in our area. Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

swne
Posted 5/21/2022 07:13 (#9668849 - in reply to #9668781)
Subject: RE: If the rain is a bust this week it’s going to be big in our area. Pics

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
Same thing 100 miles northeast of you Mutt. We’ve been putting in beans and corn on irrigated. Start on dryland today. Not looking forward to it. Going to be tough to get tconsistent depth and if I do the seed is going to be laying in dry ground in places. I see this just planting pivot corners.
Normally after we plant a pivot we’ll apply .40-.50” to incorporate chemical and settle the ground down. It takes an inch to get the moisture deep enough to do any good this year.
I don’t know what to think of the wheat. Have a chance of rain Monday but only predicting a quarter inch. That isn’t going to do much. Then we warm up. :(
I had 1200 gallons of water on trailer a couple weeks ago I needed to get rid of so I pumped it next to a mature pine tree. I thought when the water gets to running away I would go water something else. The water never ran past the tree.
We are DRY. Like what you see in your yard with the grass. We know we’re dry but don’t really realize just how dry we are.
Add, if I could have taken prevent plant I would have instead of putting the inputs and planting a crop. A 2” rain a couple weeks ago put a stop to that idea. I really thought at the time we would have decent planting conditions for most of the month of May but the ground has sucked up all of that moisture and is dry again.

Edited by swne 5/21/2022 07:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)