AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

22 year old with Herbicide Problems, Non GMO- Corteva- Poor Farming Practice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

corndawg23
Posted 5/20/2022 21:23 (#9668510)
Subject: 22 year old with Herbicide Problems, Non GMO- Corteva- Poor Farming Practice

Bluford, Illinois
Major rant/ current problem

18 days ago I burn down some soybean ground. It’s for non gmo beans.

I sprayed:
32 oz of Round Up
20 oz of 2,4-D
8 oz of Trivence (Classic Group 2, Valor Group 14, and Sencor Group 5)
16 oz of EverpreX (Group 15)
40 oz of Prowl. (Group 3)

Expensive program, but with Non-GMO’s I only get one chance, right?

I’ve probably had a total of 1.5” of rain since spraying, in the combination of two rains.

7 days ago I planted these beans, it took me 2 days. to plant. (I turned in my pre spray order, Anthem Maxx.. and then in 21 days I will post them with Flexstar, Warrant, and Assure II (if any grass).

I get a shower last night, another half inch. So I’m shut down, and checking fields.

Walking my beans I’m finding a nice stand, with only one problem.

WATER HEMP

How in the hell, is my burndown pass not cutting it in 18 days? With 5 different group residuals?

I payed a premium for name brand corteva products, so they’re guaranteed.. but what’s the guarantee?
I’m guaranteed to spend more money with them over the generics?

These were clean enlist beans last year. So if your response is “that’s what you get for planting non gmo” I don’t need it.

What’s the solution though?

Chemical Retailer said “What’s the problem, we’ll clean that up with Anthem Maxx, I’ll take care of it” my response was how in the —— are you going to kill water hemp with Anthem Maxx. “Well, we can run some flex star with it if we have too”

Chemical Rep said “we’ll credit you $15/acre, you do have some water hemp.. but you shouldn’t kill and start over. I think it’s the weed pressure”

Another Chemical guy said “Don’t play those games of “spray flex star while it’s small” it won’t work. Spray the **** with Gramoxone and restart while you can”.

Rep from company (where the beans are contracted) said “uhhh, if the beans are up and looking good today.. don’t kill them.. why did that burndown application not hold it any better, did they mess up mixing?”

So. What’s a guy do?

My supplier says he’ll see that they’re clean. (For some reason I’m betting he won’t be willing to make up the difference in yield.. yet he doesn’t want us to replant.)

Do I spray them and accept the fact that I won’t kill the water hemp, take a 20 bu loss? (20 bushel x $18.00+/bushel.. you do the math on that- $360 loss an acre.

Do I replant them? If so, how do I tell my seed company “Hey, your seed did it’s job and came up.. but the chemicals didn’t work. I need replant seed” F—- no, they’ll say “not our problem, we’ll sell you more”

Do I take the loss and when crop insurance says “you knew they’d be a loss, why didn’t you restart in the spring. We’re not paying it.”

Moral of the story. They should’ve been clean, and they should’ve been posted (but no, custom application isn’t worth a damn) with Anthem Maxx.

I understand there is pressure, but I have some ground that has been non gmo beans last year that was sprayed 10 days earlier with 5oz of verdict (1 oz of sharpen, 4 oz of outlook) and it’s just as clean.

I still have corn to finish planting, not done with beans, and now may have to replant 1/3 of my beans.

So, I take it I just need to bend over and take it some more? I feel I’m getting the run around. Am I crazy? Or what’s a guy to do?

Edited by corndawg23 5/20/2022 22:44

(4940C804-6C2B-40EB-9F6C-0908C4611194 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 4940C804-6C2B-40EB-9F6C-0908C4611194 (full).jpeg (351KB - 91 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)