AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

website/app for rainfall
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/21/2022 05:53 (#9668750 - in reply to #9668492)
Subject: RE: website/app for rainfall

Chebanse, IL.....

+2 or 3 on CoCoRaHS. 

I learned about it here in AT several  years ago. It's operated by NOAA. You can view the maps & find readings in your area. But, better yet, become one of the reporters. No cost and no downsides after several years of reporting. You do have to take a short on-line test after a short training program. Shows best placement for gauges & why. You should also buy one of the approved gauges. CoCoRaHS doesn't sell them, but you can buy them thru Amazon. They don't approve electronic gauge reports. Accumulations are based on facts, not computer projections based on precip density & time. It's been a while, but the computer projected rainfall reports did not match our 100% correct gauges often. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. 

It's truly amazing the amount if rainfall differences within a few miles from accurate reports. Also now they have a great phone app for reporting. Very easy to do.

Here's the maps with reports. Click on your state & zoom to your area. Choose any date. They also have a running total page which I have downloaded to Excel in the past. I believe it's present in Excel format if you like that.

I have long suggested that every AgTalk reader should be a CoCoRaHS reporter.

https://www.cocorahs.org/Maps/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)