AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/21/2022 06:22 (#9668772 - in reply to #9668183)
Subject: Adding auto steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Rod@night - 5/20/2022 16:22

Ted,
I have a Deere 4720 sprayer with Integra and auto swath. How would you suggest adding steering to this rig?
Thank you.

Sorry no help on adding steering.

I purchased my 4720 used. I added the Ag Leader for auto swath and mapping but did not attempt auto steer. After fighting it for a few years, I had to get rid of the 4720 because I could not reliably keep it off the rows steering manually. I tried various "fixes" for the steering including replacing all the pins/bushings, adding front weights (thought it was plenty heavy already), different speeds and even a different operator. I finally gave up and traded it back in on a tractor.

My experience is fairly common around here. Many "green guys" are now driving Hagies or other colored sprayers because of this. I bought an old Hagie STS 10 myself without steering. My great nephew seems to be able to keep it off the rows as I later observe from the combine. I was ashamed of what I saw out the combine where I had sprayed with the 4720 in the past.

Good Luck. I really think I would have had less damage if I had sprayed crosswise on my 30" rows. One Deere Tech told me that he thought the Deer's jigs were not square as he had problems loading those sprayers on a trailer as they seemed to dog track even then.

Edited by tedbear 5/21/2022 06:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)