AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar farm lease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 5/18/2022 16:29 (#9665557 - in reply to #9665474)
Subject: RE: Solar farm lease

coast of Maine
Hibernian,Im in your area obviously more in the high price district though.Second hand I have heard a very low rate of 600 $ acre in the Farmington area,was rough forest ,,big project(200A),owner not getting paid in over 2 years of development time,,as I said second hand.As I have said on here before I have one of my poorer soils farm enrolled in a different type project,,pay is xxxxxA for actual area of panels.I was paid before a spade was stuck in for construction.Obviously it took near 3 years for all permits,they were real easy to deal with,,said I would crop right up to install, did.Have a second round approved on another part of that farm,,it wont be easy for you to buy and see a guaranteed site,,almost impossible.(IMO)Several others here try ,some regulated out,I was planning a building project there as part of retirement so the idea of 30 years locked up and then perhaps ancestors wanting to farm ,,it is still there..Heck it even has a deer fence now.As they fence it in well.Neighbors sucked since I bought it in 92.Told them to blow off or they would look at low income development.Did not need to go that route..You can always email me for other info.I heard a second hand from a possible bragging guy who said they were paying him 5K$ acre on a 200 acre site...I have my doubts on that but maybe a unique situation.Wire/capacity to transport electricity created is an issue for certain project types here as you know,,way too many enviro nazis here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)