AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How important is a residual pre with E3 beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/15/2022 22:24 (#9662261 - in reply to #9661883)
Subject: RE: How important is a residual pre with E3 beans?

SWOH
For clarification, I’m in the position of being the sprayer guy. The planter guy (and boss) doesn’t think pre’s are needed, but he thought that with straight Roundup beans and non gmo’s too. My position is a fall spray with FallOut and glyphosate that gets it clean, AuthorityFirst/metribuzin in the spring to keep it clean, and have zero marestail to deal with post, even with E3’s. Still get flushes of giant rag for post clean up that Enlist or Liberty do a nice job with. And then a few straggler marestail in August that I hand pull. And I will walk a mile to pull them. I cannot convince him pre’s are still needed with E3’s. I can have 95% of the bean ground sprayed and he will plant an unsprayed field right before it rains and we’re out for a week. And then I pull a bunch of marestail. It’s getting old. Even with E3’s. Liberty and Enlist help, but in my opinion you still don’t want to chance skipping the pre’s. I was just wondering if that’s just my opinion or a logical thought. I’m starting to question my sanity some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)