AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP……..I have precision planting stumped….. 20/20 Gen 2 w/ seed sense
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

johndeere76
Posted 5/15/2022 22:30 (#9662273 - in reply to #9660812)
Subject: RE: HELP……..I have precision planting stumped….. 20/20 Gen 2 w/ seed sense

NE Nebraska
It’s been a few years since I was a precision tech, so I hope I don’t give any misinformation.

The way the 20/20 works: it taps into the planters oem harnessing before any deere modules. It then collects seed tube data from the sensors and repeats it to the deere monitor. It has to see the data first because it also is sending data from the rums which support your weigh pins and aux sensors. So technically it should have no direct interference with the deere system controlling your motors. That’s the simple explanation, there is more to and about it but it’s hard to type everything.

Was this a used system and how are you confirming this erratic response? Visual, deere monitor, 20/20, or both? Is the deere controller commanding the valve response erratically or does it command it normally but the response is erratic?

The problem you have with a hydraulic drive might be affected by a ground or back feeding voltage. Since it is only affecting one motor, this isolates it primarily to that harness. I’m guessing somewhere the power source or ground for the motor is being the problem. If you can get me the part number for your metripack adapter harness and any other precision harness installed between the smart connector and deere module, I could tell you which pins to check on this side.

I’m going to rule out any hydraulic problems since it works fine when going back to oem.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)