AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Non farm investments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 5/14/2022 04:47 (#9659710 - in reply to #9659605)
Subject: RE: Non farm investments

Our Ethanol shares have been by far my best non farm investment. Darn dividend checks just keep coming. After 40 years of wife and I contributing to qualified plans in equities, only 20% remains in the equities accounts. 80% we transferred to fixed annuities accounts we had established back in the early 90’s. Those annuities started out at 9%, but has a guaranteed minimum of 3%, and 4% tax deffered for new contributions, so we took advantage big time of that clause. A good amount also went into indexed annuities, whereby the returns are credited based on the performance of a chosen index, most commonly the S&P 500. There’s a volatility index option I like for diversity, it performs very well at times. Best thing is when market takes a big nose dive, I get credited a zero. Cannot lose money. Huge advantage when market rebounds, I’m immediately in the money since I have no losses to make up for. This product has been back tested against the worst decade in history for the stock market, 1929-1939, and would actually have performed rather admirably. My goal is to have as many different sources for retirement income as I can possibly acquire/accumulate. Income is the outcome. And as much tax free and worry free as possible. Our permanent life insurance in force will turn out to be one of our greatest assets. For because of having a large tax free benefit to our heirs, it allows us to not only spend the earnings on investments, but a portion of the principle also. Which greatly enhances the monthly checks. Our life insurance is inside a wealth replacement trust, to replace the assets we spent enhancing our retirement years. Also, by spending down assets, made possible by the life insurance, our tax free income increases considerably, since that portion is considered a return of the basis, thus free from current income tax. Our life insurance policies also have long term care riders, which pay the cost of a long confinement. So whether we live beyond life expectancy, die prematurely, or become disabled, our bases are covered. A complete retirement plan.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 5/15/2022 05:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)