AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For the Cyclo guys!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 5/13/2022 16:48 (#9659198 - in reply to #9658918)
Subject: RE: For the Cyclo guys!!!

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
AGDEAL - 5/13/2022 09:47

I don’t think many believe me when I tell this story.

Older neighbor who’s now deceased planted with an M and a 400 for lots of years. When his grandson came into the operation they bought a new 1250. First year while doing their annual plot they did a pass with each planter. Come harvest there was less than a bushel difference between the two. Seedbed was excellent and he could have planted lettuce there. I know at one time the old boy let it slip that he was in the top 3% of profit in his bracket for Farm business Farm management(fbfm). I can understand your dislike but I kinda have a little Respect for those machines.

Well, you stated why the 400 worked in that situation. "Seedbed was excellent and he could have planted lettuce there." Plots also tend to be planted carefully and probably slowly, allowing the 400 do a decent job.

Neighbour used to plant with a 400...well it really was not a 400 once he had modified it. Planter worked well and did a great job. Modified row unit probably had more in common with a 800 series planter and a JD7000 than the original 400.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)