AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand 1200 autoswath trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2022 06:11 (#9657229 - in reply to #9657009)
Subject: RE: Incommand 1200 autoswath trouble

Southern Minnesota
Since it seems to be related to auto swath, my first thought is the implement switch. On my personal planter I use two Deere button switches wired in parallel. That means in normal operation when the planter is lowered, the units hit the ground and move away from the button switches. The Deere button switches are N.C. and operate backwards compared to a door bell buzzer. When the planter is raised, the boxes drop by gravity and push the buttons breaking the implement switch circuit.

So why have two? If only one button switch is used on a row unit, that unit might fall into a hole and allow the row unit to depress the button which would incorrectly report that the planter has been raised. With two switches, both buttons would need to be pressed and would only happen if both row units dropped into large holes at the same time which is very unlikely.

I also wired in a lighted hand switch in the cab in parallel with the two button switches on the planter. Normally this switch is OFF but the indicator shows me what the actual implement switches are doing. If there is ever any doubt about the status of the implement switches, I can just glance at the lighted switch. If the planter is down, the light should be ON, If the planter is Up, the light should be OFF. If the light is always On, the override switch is ON or there is a problem.

Some folks have problems with the Deere button switches and just use a single whisker switch on the planter frame. These are available from Ag Leader and other sources. Man of these have a common terminal, a N.O. terminal and a N.C. terminal. You would always use the common terminal and either the N.O. or the N.C. terminal (one or the other but not both). The one to use will depend on how you mount the whisker switch. Some implement switches require that you remove a cover and move a wire if your mounting happens to be backwards. Ag Leader simply provides two pigtail branches. Try one, if the action is correct use it. If the action is backwards use the other one.

We can override my actual implement switches for testing with the planter raised. We also use it to temporarily override the implement switches to keep our SureVacs in the planting position with all cells filled prior to backing into a corner. This is a bit tricky but allows us to avoid starting gaps in a corner with a ground drive planter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)