AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight Coverage Map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2022 06:50 (#9651803 - in reply to #9651307)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight Coverage Map

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My first reaction was NO. The map in the Insight can not be directly copied and transferred to the other display.

However, there is a procedure using background Reference maps that works under certain situations.

For example, if a field was planted with an InCommand, Integra or Insight in the tractor, a variety map could be created at planting time. If that display was moved to the combine, the variety maps would be available.

However, if the field was planted with a different planting device such as a 20/20, Deere etc. the map would not be available in an InCommand in the combine unless the procedure involving Reference Maps is used. It works something like this. The memory device from the planter is processed with Ag Leader's SMS software and the variety map is present there. SMS can then be used to create background Reference Maps of the varieties and exported to a USB stick.

At harvest time, the stick is inserted in the InCommand in the combine. When the operator gets to a field, they choose the field as usual but also call for the background map for the field that is stored on the USB stick. A copy of that planting map is temporarily loaded in the combine InCommand. Automatic variety notification/switching etc. can then be done as if the InCommand had been involved with planting. That reference map is only temporary.

This process works for a planting scenario as described above. I do not know if this process would work with the spray situation that you are involved with. There may be some settings that I am not aware of. It would take some extra work and could result in a frustrating result especially if the custom operator is not willing to work with you.

I think some flags of where you have sprayed yourself might be a better plan especially if you can still see your tracks etc.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2022 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)