AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FMX --- "Trim" vs "Nudge" ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 5/8/2022 12:26 (#9652367 - in reply to #9652124)
Subject: RE: Trimble FMX --- "Trim" vs "Nudge" ?

raider2b - 5/8/2022 09:31 With high accuracy correction (RTK and RTX centerpoint) Trimble removed the nudge because your line should never move. I explain the difference as nudge moves the line and trim moves the implement. Nudge is to make accommodation for low accuracy GPS drift. Trim is simply a quick and dirty way of adjusting your implement offset for things like variable soil conditions or implement drift on a hillside. First things first, make sure your roll calibration is correct. With the implement OUT of the ground, drive with the autopilot engaged on a relatively flat area for 100 yards or so. About half way down get out and mark the center of the drawbar with a plumb bob. Then turn around and when the offline distance is less than 1 inches, stop where you marked the centerline and check that the center of the drawbar is exactly over your mark. If not adjust the roll cal until it is exactly correct. Only then can you start to work with offsets and widths of your implement.

So how come I had "Nudge" with the EZ Steer but not with the Autopilot?      I've been on RTK for 4 or 5 years, this is the first year for the Autopilot.

I'd really like to have Nudge back, I typically use it for moving the infill line over to make sure there is no gap along the headline pass.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)