AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie sts12/integra DC problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2022 07:41 (#9651889 - in reply to #9651153)
Subject: RE: Thanks guys.... it was a fuse

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Glad you found it. I haven't tried my Hagie yet this year. Should I just get a MAP sensor?

One more time - When a customer complains that he "can't get the boom valves to turn on" with an Ag Leader system.

I first ask, what is the target rate. It cannot be zero.

Next, is auto swath active (on) or inactive.? It should be inactive for testing.

Next I have them check for an implement jumper on the Liquid Module. This can be a problem if the module was used with some type of tillage implement that uses an actual implement switch. A jumper is required if no implement switch is being used.

Next I tell them to check for high current power at the connector near the Liquid Module that connects to the larger Red & Black wires. The response often is "No that's OK since that green LED is flashing". The green LED indicates that the CAN connection is healthy. It does not show the status of the high current power. You must use a meter or test light between those wires. There is no other way to determine that they are healthy. These wires bring battery power and ground from the vehicle to the module. The power wire is usually 12V even when the display is off.

Many Ag Leader CAN/Power cables will have two gray Deutsch 2 pole connectors for power/ground. Some have a black Deutsch 2 pole connector for power/ground also. If you are going to use the black connector to spread out the load when you have multiple modules, be certain to test for power/ground on each connector. If you use the black connector check it for power/ground. It may need a stub cable from the battery to the Display harness.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2022 07:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)