AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie sts12/integra DC problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/7/2022 06:24 (#9650464 - in reply to #9650013)
Subject: RE: Hagie sts12/integra DC problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm using a similar setup on an older STS10. The clearance lights that are used to inform you when a section is OFF seemed to be a bit confusing when used with the Ag Leader setup. I don't remember the details but ours works fine, its just that those lights don't work the way I thought they might.

My great nephew did all our spraying last year so I don't remember the details with the clearance lights.

I think this has something to do with the reverse light idea. That is originally the lights got power and would light up when the Section switch which was directly controlling the boom sections was flipped OFF. That is the opposite of the operation of the lights that I was originally expecting. I would have expected that a light would mean that the section is ON rather than OFF. I believe the necessary rewiring for auto swath where the original switches are now used as inputs to the system rather than directly controlling the boom sections and lights are part of the confusion.

Even if the lights on the boom don't seem to do what you think they should, the Ag Leader display should should show which sections are ON or OFF and agree with what is actually happening. I guess what I'm saying is once you have convinced yourself that the system is properly controlling the boom sections, don't worry about what the lights are showing and consult the screen.

Hagie made several changes through the years and yours may be different than ours. I purchased our Hagie STS10 used. Someone prior to me had installed the Ag Leader system. I bought the sprayer from a farmer/dealer. I bought it less the Ag Leader display since I had my own. The Auxiliary Input Module, Liquid Product Control module and rewiring of the section switches was already done. I just plugged in my InCommand 1200 and GPS 6500 and created a configuration from the original display which the dealer kept. The clearance lights seemed confusing but it works fine.

Edited by tedbear 5/7/2022 07:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)