AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 5/7/2022 07:56 (#9650644 - in reply to #9650617)
Subject: RE: Beans

Yea 78k but I don’t wanna act like I wasn’t sweating it. Thicker I plant, usually the quicker and easier it comes up. But I seem to have gotten a good stand. Amazing really how hard beans can push. Also I saw this study recently from asgrow. Was done in Scott Mississippi about twenty miles north of me. It’s about skips in soybeans stands and they did some trials with lower populations. 80k was the sweet spot. I started experimenting with low populations two years ago. Going all the way down to 68k. They stole my idea lol just kidding

Also I’ve found the conditions in which you plant and how good a job you plant prbly ultimately has more to do with the success of a bean stand than does how thick you plant. My planter has the hydraulic downforce and I’ve found it to be most useful in showing me when I’m losing ground contact on certain rows and what makes it worse. It seems to me that for here at least, going 4.5 mph is about max speed before there’s a real drop in ground contact. This can be compensated by applying more Down pressure but then you start seeing compaction on the row here and it can lead to crusting worse.

https://www.dekalbasgrowdeltapine.com/en-us/agronomy/planting-errors...

Edited by Deltamudd 5/7/2022 08:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)