AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It works
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/7/2022 20:52 (#9651489 - in reply to #9651355)
Subject: My accident

Pittsburg, Kansas
Much better thanks. But still have a ways to go and it sure seems to get better only very slowly.

I have been doing about a dozen scuba dives a week and in the water I am nearing 100%. But when I get back on land I still have some rib pain when I breathe deep and a fair amount of lower back and hip soreness after I get done diving. So something in there is still healing. Have got a lot of my leg strength back but still not 100%.

I think the concussion must still be having an effect as I can't hardly walk a straight line. If an officer requested I do so, he would probably say I was drunk. My balance is I would say only about 75%. It varies. Gets better as I get some walking or exercise, is worse for a while after laying down or sleeping.

But slow reovery is a way lot better than no reovery. We go home in a week from our winter home away from home here in Bonaire. I am anxious to get back on the motorcycles and see how my balance and coordination feels on them.

I am very thankful every day of the things I still get to do in life. That accident and my condition could have turned out much worse than what it did. I'm very lucky to be alive and being able to do what I am doing.

Thanks for your conern.

Edited by John Burns 5/7/2022 20:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)