AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

N.Carolina corn crop started
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 5/5/2022 20:31 (#9648511)
Subject: N.Carolina corn crop started

nw NC
Pictures I made today of the beginnings of my corn silage crop for 2022. Two bags planted April 25. Corn is a Syngenta 92 day hybrid that should be ready for silage about 7-20 or so. The rest of my corn crop will be a 115 day corn that will be planted after spring grass crop is chopped for silage (hope to start next week), then spread manure on corn ground, then plant as weather permits.

This year is 53rd time I have planted a corn crop. Silage crops are planted each year on our ground to feed the cattle. Started no-till in 1971 and it has been mostly no-till for corn crop since then. Some years small grain was grown for spring silage then double cropped with corn silage. Don't need as much silage crops anymore as fewer cattle are kept.

Some areas around here are getting dry. Precipitation year to date here is about normal for this time. (14 inches or so). 2018, 2019, and 2020 were wet years with 60 inches or a little more ( 42 is average). '21 was wet first 2/3 of year then dry in the fall. Hope this growing season gives enough rain for crop growth. Best wishes to everyone to get a crop started and grown this year.

(001 (full).JPG)

(002 (full).JPG)

(003 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001 (full).JPG (249KB - 232 downloads)
Attachments 002 (full).JPG (267KB - 210 downloads)
Attachments 003 (full).JPG (248KB - 222 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)