AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NMEA splitting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oliver1
Posted 5/6/2022 00:05 (#9648835 - in reply to #9648820)
Subject: RE: NMEA splitting

Alton, Ia
I've been exporting the NMEA out of the Geosteer for a couple years, this is first year into a 700. This was the result, I wish I could upload a longer video. Having the controller flip back and forth like that, on an electric drive planter, I don't want to take the chance of gaps, so I would shut off overlap control until I was almost onto planted ground, and we switched speed to wheel from GPS.

Per Case service mgr, it does not work to import GPS into the serial port in the 700, which is how it was set up. It worked fine for a day, then I watched this happen about 10,000 times. Stopped when we put the 372 up top with the geosteer moved back.

This summer, I intend to remove the AL system, just don't want to screw with it during planting.

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure we have the AL setup like you describe to kick the NMEA strings over. If it would help seeing a longer video I can email you one.

To answer your question better, I have one Ipad in the cab, for Iowa Cors, sent thru a NMEA_BT dongle from AMAN, into the AL geosteer, I want to try to split this string and sent it to both the AL and the 372, if possible.

Edited by Oliver1 5/6/2022 00:17

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PRO700 dir flipping.mp4 (2416KB - 66 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)