AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5400 Case IH drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Gregor
Posted 5/4/2022 13:21 (#9646238 - in reply to #9645924)
Subject: RE: 5400 Case IH drill

East Central Nebraska
Does it have a chart on the inside lid of the box on lbs per acre setting. I figure out my lbs needed and set. This is the way I calculate my conversion. Target rate (160,000) divided by seeds/lb (2500)= 64 lbs per acre. Hopefully you have a chart under the lid. It's a guess but usually I can get pretty close. Can't remember off the top of my head, but it tells you which side of the lever to be looking at also for the setting. I'd have to open up and look for your setting, but guessing somewhere around 28 but would have to look. I can send you a picture if you need one. I put a piece of black tape under the 3 soybean lines as it has a boat load of different settings for the chart. Chart will also tell you the sproket needed and which position the cup should be in. I have to change those also when planting rye and something good to check if this your first time using it. That is a real popular drill in our area yet. I have the 20ft version. I really like our drill and 15 in rows. I was trying to find a chart on the internet, but haven't found one to post for ya.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)