AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand 1200 hooking up to planter help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/4/2022 05:27 (#9645458 - in reply to #9644870)
Subject: RE: InCommand 1200 hooking up to planter help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
How large is your planter? What type of clutches are you using? The reason I ask is that I'm surprised you have four Clutch Control Modules although this may be possible. If you have 4 clutch control modules, you must have more than 36 rows.

If you are using Tru-Count air shutoffs, then several air valve boxes would be involved. Each can handle 4 sections. They have an air line IN and up to four air lines OUT. A single Clutch Control Module can handle 3 of these air valve boxes for a total of 12 sections. You may be getting the air valve boxes and Clutch Control Modules confused.

With other styles of clutches, the total number of sections per module is still 12. Note this is sections which are NOT necessarily rows. For example with my24 row 1770NT, I use only one clutch control module which works with 12-2 row sections.

For the largest planters, it may be necessary to use for than one Clutch Control Module. I thought the limit was three but they may have changed.

You ask about using a high current splitter. With that many modules, I would suggest using both the gray set which is already split in the harness and using a splitter on the black connector.

As stated before, you need to check for power/ground on the black set with a meter to be certain 12V and ground are present there.

With my personal planter, I have one Clutch Control module, one STTM population module, one Liquid Product Control Module and spray ON/OFF valves. Eachof these need 12V and ground so operate. I use the two gray connectors that were already present at the end of the implement cable. I split the black connector as many times as necessary to cover the above.

There is nothing very special about the extra 12V and ground leading to the modules. A person could accomplish the same thing by running another pair of heavy wires from the battery to the planter. Using the wires that are already there is more convenient.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)