AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flowmeter calibration # Raven meter/Trimble Field IQ
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/2/2022 21:30 (#9643357 - in reply to #9642522)
Subject: RE: Flowmeter calibration # Raven meter/Trimble Field IQ

That's because Trimble allows you to enter a calibration number with the material as you set it up AND/OR the Drive Setup page. It's handy for things like different granular fertilizers with different densities, it can be one way to get a more accurate calibration versus changing just the product density. It never worked correctly using density only, the math is better using different calibration numbers for products instead.

You select where you want it to look for the calibration number after setting things up when you press the Material Assignment button. There will be new page similar to the one you posted and a drop down box allowing you to choose which of the two calibration numbers you want, and showing you the number it's going to use and even allows you to change it there.

If a number isn't entered when setting up your material it pulls a random number from thin air it seems.

I always check on the Material Assignment page which number it is looking at and confirm it's the number I want.

Sometimes it gets lost.

I THEN for added redundancy go to Field IQ-> Calibrate -> Flow and double check there on the calibration page that it is looking at the correct calibration number just to be sure.

When using a Raven valve, their calibration number is usually in pulses per 10 gallons. The FM knows you are using a Raven valve, so I am pretty sure you will be using the 1470 calibration number and it will do the dividing by 10 for you. That's why it says what it does.

I checked my notes for my NH3 setup and I have 710 in my notes and I know that's what the number for our RFM60S flowmeter is.

You'll know pretty quickly if I am wrong, I don't (and hope) believe so though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)