AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere RTK lock-in delay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

speedeye
Posted 4/30/2022 21:20 (#9639769)
Subject: Deere RTK lock-in delay

central IL
How long should it take for my Starfire 6000 with 450 RTK to lock in to a dealer's RTK tower (line of sight and 5 miles away). Specifically, if I go into ISOBUS VT in Gen4 Command Center and change the RTK configuration from one tower to another, how many seconds (or minutes) should I expect to wait before that tower locks in and Accuracy shows 100%?

I'm new to Deere's 450 RTK, but I've had a non-Deere RTK base in my shed for 25 years. Over the years, I've used 3 different types of non-Deere RTK radios, and they all locked in in a few seconds.

Now I'm making the switch to Deere 6000 globes with 450 RTK from dealer towers. When I'm 5 miles from the nearest tower (actually a concrete elevator) and can clearly see the top of the elevator from the tractor seat, it takes 2 to 6 minutes for my receiver to lock in to the tower. (That's 2 to 6 minutes of GPS WAAS while I wait for the RTK tower to lock in.) And even after it locks in, the "% Received" varies from 60% to 100%. Is this normal or typical??? My dealer's tech says it's normal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)