AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Integra not painting coverage map?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/1/2022 06:02 (#9639989 - in reply to #9639904)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Integra not painting coverage map?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
That is my suggestion also. Your symptoms are in agreement with my observations when this has happened to me.

For some reason, you have one or a few bad GPS points called flyers. These flyers are typically a long way from the actual field. The system does a Zoom Out to include those points, This makes the map very small, sometimes so small you believe it has disappeared. It is really still there. Things like acre count, steering etc. all continue to work but you can't see the map.

The "Clear Bounds" procedure says in effect - Delete any GPS points a long way from my current position. I forget the distance. You need to do this while you are in the field with the problem. If you clear bounds back at home, the system may delete good points. So while in the problem fiend, find the Clear Bounds item and check it. You will not receive any kind of message and that screen will not look any different so you may think nothing has happened. If there were some GPS flyers hopefully they are now deleted, the system will Zoom In closer and your map will be the size you were expecting.

Having a field boundary is not mandatory. I have some fields with and some without. Having a boundary is helpful in that the system will then reject any points that are outside the field boundary and the map will not Zoom Out inappropriately .

I used to have a somewhat similar situation with my previous planter. I was in the habit of coming home to refill with seed and fertilizer in my dooryard. To do so, I would lower the planter. The implement switch would cause the system to believe I had planted back home and record the points. This meant that the maps were Zoomed Out to the extent to include those points at home. Possibly this is your situation. I had a visible map but it was very small since my fields were quite close to home. Having a boundary would have helped. I was able to clean this up after the fact in SMS by purposely circling the actual field and asking it to delete anything outside the circled area.

Edited by tedbear 5/1/2022 06:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)