AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What a Ride
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RyanInIA
Posted 4/29/2022 12:00 (#9637407 - in reply to #9637299)
Subject: RE: What a Ride

East-Central IA

Gregor - 4/29/2022 09:32 A friend of mine has a machine shop business. His son works with him and was making all-terrain wheel chairs with tracks similar to your picture for paralyzed people. He was trying to perfect breath controls for fully paralyzed people. I'll have to ask him if they still making them. The one he was showing me was for a guy that was paralyzed waist down for the past 20 or so years. He was going to go hunting in the woods for the first time by himself with that chair. They mounted a gun rack on it for him. Amazing how this design could drastically change the quality of life for some unfortunate people.

I've been looking into them for myself, but it seems a majority of the 3 major manufacturers are missing the boat big time. They're all way to big in my opinion, by to big, I mean to wide. They need to be less than 30" wide to fit through most doors, or even a van. If you need a truck or trailer to take them anywhere, it's borderline useless to me.

Most paras are going to be in a manual chair, so it's not easy to just load a track chair up and tie it down and transfer between the 2 chairs multiple times, or even have a truck to haul it around.

Then comes the price tag. An Action Track chair is $14k+, some of the standing chairs are close to $20k. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)