AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aeader Incommand tip..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/28/2022 07:53 (#9635615 - in reply to #9635245)
Subject: Haven't tried that yet

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The keyboard on my office computer has been sticking lately so I picked up a wireless keyboard and mouse kit last week. Both the keyboard and mouse have their own batteries and communicate through a USB plug. The computer recognized this and loaded the proper drivers so this might not work on the InCommand 1200.

I might try using it for a test. If this works, it might be even more convenient since no cable is involved. Even if the wireless key board doesn't work, the old wired one might. Really, I don't have much need for a keyboard since I'm not making any major changes.

Also somewhat along this line, there is an HDMI port on the rear of the InCommand 1200. By using an HDMI cable to a capable TV, it should be possible to use this for a group presentation. I have not tried this. The InCommand would need to be powered up through some type of display cable. Modules may or may not be needed depending on the intended use of the group presentation.

You mention the idea of using a Pi via the USB port as a way to make changes without using the screen. I have no experience with a Pi but have been playing around with the Arduino and more lately the ESP32 microcontroller boards. I have learned enough to be dangerous. There are lots of these microcontrollers available with various features. May of them use USB for communication back/forth to a computer. I suspect that it might be possible to set one up so that it could communicate to the InCommand.

I have been successful in using the ESP 32 boards for a couple of projects. One is to work with the overhead door and lights in my shop. Another similar one works with two overhead doors in an older shed. I also have one in the Hagie where I can cycle each boom section ON/OFF while standing outside the sprayer to observe the pattern and check for leaks. I control these devices via a Wifi Soft Access Point app on my phone and tablets.

Since my iPad recognizes and works with the InCommand through an Access Point, it should be possible for someone (not me) to write an app to accomplish what you desire by using a phone or table as the input device.

I've got to finish the final installation in one of the building today. The shop is finished inside and I had bad luck (poor planning) when drilling through the shop walls to mount the plastic electrical box outside. I needed a hole for a piece of PVC conduit to run the wires from the outside world to to the opener and lights. which are inside. I managed to hit one of the studs after drilling through the outside metal siding. I tried a different location and managed to hit a cross member. I tried a third time and got through. Fortunately the mistakes will be filled in with caulking and the box will cover them. Now there's that mistake on the other building. I should give up.

Edited by tedbear 4/28/2022 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)