AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do your agleader set-angle guidance lines match the group manager preview?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 4/27/2022 21:58 (#9635230 - in reply to #9634835)
Subject: RE: Do your agleader set-angle guidance lines match the group manager preview?

South Central MN
It always displays the incorrect heading in the group manager. I don't know where to tell if the heading is accurate outside of the group manager other than watching the live heading reading in the gnss. That obviously swings back and forth, so it's tough to tell how accurate it is.

Ag leader tech support was able to recreate the issue on their machine. They're looking into it, but so far are telling me the difference is satellite drift and corrections going on in the scm. basically, the incorrectly displayed heading is how the equipment is supposed to work. To me, that is a garbage answer.

My answer to that is that a set heading shouldn't drift in the nanoseconds or takes to compute the line. If the heading is off by 0.01 degrees, that calculates to about 5.5" in a half mile field. They cannot answer for me if the entered heading is actually being used for guidance or if it is the displayed heading. We just upgraded 3 receivers and steer commands last fall and the junk can't even match a simple heading accurately? I'm incredibly annoyed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)