AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food inflation must be hard on many
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/25/2022 10:55 (#9631142 - in reply to #9630626)
Subject: RE: Food inflation must be hard on many

Mid Michigan
This is kind of how food stamps work in the US. Single and make $40,000 a year, no help. Married and husband makes $40,000 a year, no help. Married and husband makes $40,000 with one kid, probably no help. Married and husband and wife each make $40,000 a year, no help. Married and husband and wife each make $40,000 a year with 3 kids, no help. Married and husband works and brings home $25,000 with three kids. Jackpot. $160 dollar per week food allowance per person in household. So around $800 a month on a bridge card or $9600 a year.Single mothers qualify for food, rent and health care assistance. Lot of them move the boyfriend in with them. So instead of getting a second job to make the extra income for food we just use bridge cards and the dad gets to come home and play video games after his 8 hour shift. I recognize the difference because my dad used to come home from his job 50 miles away at midnight and go to a second job and work until 4 am. Did this for many years until mom went to work. I don't remember my dad coming home and playing Fortnight so we could live on food stamps. I use mcdonalds as my economy barometer. Yesterday the line stretched around the building with late model cars. Things are good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)