AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is anything undervalued right now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Brown Cow
Posted 4/24/2022 18:38 (#9630013 - in reply to #9629745)
Subject: RE: Is anything undervalued right now?

SW Wisconsin
kb ag - 4/24/2022 16:18

Not dogging here, but 9k for a pedal bike? I can believe it and I am not shocked that people pay that I guess. But it still floors me. Actually a deep prepper friend of mine suggested that we ought to buy a few bikes because if we need them everyone will need them and we won't be able to get them. I was thinking $250 for a no frills mountain style like bike which is probably low. What does a normal bike cost nowdays?

I don't think you'll get much reliable for under $500, but you can get a solid bike for $5-800. I have a ~$1100 mountain bike, and a road bike that was listed at $1100 when it was new in 2005. I want to get a nicer road bike, the $9k option is definitely out of my price range, but I'll probably spend $2-3k in the next couple of years for a mid-range bike that may or may not last me the rest of my life with good maintenance and a few upgrades.

As far as preping, I think you/ your friend may have missed the boat. Bike supply was very tight last year, I think it's opening up a bit but I've heard about people ordering now for 2024-25 delivery.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)