AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Controlling half disconnects with jd rate controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TTB86
Posted 4/22/2022 09:37 (#9625974 - in reply to #9625609)
Subject: RE: Controlling half disconnects with jd rate controller

Ks
I’ve wondered about the relays to.. currently I have been controlling the disconnects off of my rate controller running the fertilizer… I just took a wire off the signal wire going to the valves and ran it to a relay which reversed the current for the clutches… I also run an electric pump for fertilizer which is also wired in with the relays so pum is only on when either section valve is on.. this has worked good but I am just trying to separate the system because we don’t always run fertilizer when planting.. also need to put some iron down in spots so I was going to make a map that the pump and section valves would turn on only in certain spots in the field.. If I set up the sections with the rate controller under planter mode there is no option for liquid metering so supposedly it should work.. I’m just getting no signal on the wires to the clutches when doing section test though… JD says the controller should be able to handle the amps so relays should not be needed.. I thought if I would at least get a positive current when on I would use relays to reverse it but there is nothing…
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)