AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Xp computer. Error message?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

caretech
Posted 4/25/2022 13:45 (#9631402 - in reply to #9571891)
Subject: RE: Xp computer. Error message?

Ontario
I work primarily in IT as my day job (as indicated by my username here). From a security standpoint you really shouldn't connect Windows XP to the internet at all any more, but if you do, expect to see more and more of this kind of thing as time goes on. I imagine that your computer clock is probably set correctly. The deal is that root signing certificates used to sign SSL certificates are expiring, and certificates signed by the new certificate authorities are not recognized by Windows XP. Since XP is no longer receiving Windows Updates, these will not be updated for you automatically. CA's can be installed manually, but IMO this is more fuss than it's worth. Even Windows 7 will no longer recognize all current SSL certs.

I realize it can be frustrating, but to stay current with web technologies and ensure that things work, you sort of have to keep up with operating system upgrades to some extent. Windows XP was released more than 20 years ago, and Microsoft stopped supporting it about 8 years ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)